Neporex® is a larvicide containing the insect growth regulator (IGR) cyromazine. Ideal for use in a wide variety of production units, Neporex prevents larvae from developing into flies, giving longer lasting fly control and greater impact on total fly populations.
- Treats the problem at source
- Prevents the growth of all larval stages
- Stops biting and sucking flies from reproducing
- Easy to apply by scattering or dissolving then pouring/ spraying
- 20kg of Neporex treats 800m²
- Unique mode of action
- Effective against multi-resistant fly strains
- Prevents 100% of larvae developing into flies
- Harmless to beneficial insects, spiders and birds
When to use and why?
- Flies spread diseases and cause production losses
- Adult flies are only 20% of the problem
- Neporex kills the 80% of flies present in manure as larvae
- Use in dairy, calf, poultry and pig units
- Use with adulticides SpY® or Oxyfly® for integrated fly control
Dry scattering: Apply NEPOREX 2 SG directly to fly breeding sites. Dry scatter only on wet or liquid manure.
Spraying: Dilute NEPOREX 2 SG as per label and apply to fly breeding sites with a knapsack sprayer or automatic spray equipment.
Watering: Dilute NEPOREX 2 SG as per label and apply evenly on fly breeding sites with a watering can.
Important: Use only on fly breeding sites – not resting sites - (walls, etc.) as Neporex has no effect on adult flies.
Depending on weather, management routines, this can vary from 2-3 weeks up to several months. Recommendations are given below.
- Deep litter: Treat edges and spillage areas around feeders and drinkers and where manure accumulates. In calf hutches placed outside, treat the whole surface body. Apply NEPOREX 2 SG by spraying or watering approximately 3 days after dung removal and repeat treatment after each removal or when fly larvae are found.
- Slatted floor: Treat entire floor area immediately after cleaning out the dung pit, repeat treatment after each removal or when fly larvae are found.
- All-in, all-out system: Apply NEPOREX 2 SG preferably by scattering immediately after cleaning and prior to the installation of the pigs.
- Slatted floors: Treat entire floor area immediately after cleaning out the dung pit, repeat treatment after each removal or when fly larvae are found.
- Deep litter: Apply NEPOREX 2 SG by spraying or watering approximately 3 days after dung removal and repeat treatment after each removal or when fly larvae are found. Treat entire dung surface and wet spots around feeders and drinkers.
- Apply NEPOREX 2 SG by spraying or watering the entire dung area approximately 1 week after manure removal. Repeat treatment after each removal or when fly larvae are found.
- Apply NEPOREX 2 SG to fly breeding sites after 1-3 days build-up of breeding material. A second treatment should follow 2 weeks later.
For more information
Click here to find out more about fly control in livestock and poultry production.
Neporex® contains cyromazine. Neporex® is a registered trademark of Novartis AG, Basel, Switzerland. Please refer to the label for approved usage instructions.
Always use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
NEPOREX® 2 SG Insect growth regulator for the control of fly larvae.
Composition: 2 % cyromazine (2-cyclopropylamino-4,6-diamino-s-triazine)