ON THIS PAGE
CLiKZiN® Pour-on, containing dicyclanil, offers 8 weeks blowfly protection, plus a short 7 day meat withhold giving farmers the freedom to market stock as and when they’re ready.
- 8 weeks protection against blowfly strike
- 7 days meat withhold
- Flexible, reliable protection
- Added flexibility for production schedules
When to use and why?
7 day meat withhold
- Ideal for all stock including lambs for slaughter and pre-shearing ewes
- More flexibility for production schedules
8 weeks protection against blowfly strike
- Contains dicyclanil - at least 30 times1 more potent than Vetrazin ®
- For ewes and lambs of all breeds and wool types
Quick and convenient
- Single-handed, ready-to-use application
- Use wherever sheep are, no need for fixed equipment
- Minimum on-farm disruption
Proven safety profile
- Water-based formulation
- From the manufacturer of CLiK® giving you peace of mind
Application: general farmer recommendations
- Not designed to cure existing strike so treat animals before an anticipated fly challenge. (If maggots are present, treat with Crovect® then afterwards protect with CLiKZiN).
- Effective on all classes of sheep and all wool types.
- Dry or damp sheep can be treated, but do not treat wet animals.
- Do not treat in the rain. Wait for a spell of dry weather.
- Make sure to give the right dose for the weight of animal. Weigh a few of the heaviest animals in the group and treat all to this heaviest dose. If the spread of weights in the group is large, then split into weight banded groups.
- Always use the proper Novartis Pour-on Gun with fan spray nozzle.
Hold the gun 45cm away from the sheep. Make sure you deliver a minimum 10cm wide spray band. Ensure the spray falls evenly on each side of the backbone. Spray falling to one side only will result in loss of protection on the other side of the fleece.
Four Stroke Application
To ensure an accurate spread of CLiKZiN apply the total required dose one quarter at a time:
- ¼ of dose from mid-shoulders to middle of back
- ¼ of dose from middle of back to top of tail
- ¼ of dose to one side of animal’s tail and crutch
- ¼ of dose to other side of animal’s tail and crutch
Poor application techniques will result in reduced periods of protection.
CLiKZiN Pour-on contains 1.25% w/v dicyclanil. CLiKZiN® is a trademark of Novartis AG, Basle, Switwzerland. Use of this or other alternative medicines must be sought from the medicines prescriber. Use medicines responsibly.(www.noah.co.uk/responsible) Legal category: POM-VPS