Vetrazin®, containing cyromazine, is a blowfly specific pour-on for the prevention of strike in sheep. Quick and easy to apply, it spreads to give full body blowfly protection for 8-10 weeks.
- Blowfly specific Insect Growth Regulator (IGR)
- Easy and convenient to apply single handed
- 28 day meat withhold
When to use and why?
- Convenient and easy to use
- Use whenever convenient and wherever the sheep are
- Unlike dipping:
- No Certificate of Competence is required for purchase
- Less protective clothing needed
- No complicated mixing or dilution
- Check you’re giving the right dose for the weight of sheep. Weigh a few of the heaviest animals in the group and treat all to this heaviest dose.
- Always use the proper Novartis Pour-on gun with a fan spray nozzle.
- Hold the gun 45 cm from the sheep and deliver a minimum 10cm wide spray band.
- Spray half the dose along the animal’s back from the middle of the shoulders to the tip of the tail.
- Spray the second half of the dose in an arc around the animal’s tail and crutch.
- Apply each half dose in either one or two sweeps.
Available in 2.2, and 5 litre packs
Vetrazin® Pour-on contains 6% (w/v) cyromazine. Vetrazin® is a registered trademark of Novartis AG, Basle, Switzerland. Advice on the use of this or alternative medicines must be sought from the medicine prescriber. Use medicines responsibly. www.noah.co.uk/responsible Legal category: POM-VPS